ALAMOSA — Adams State University President Cheryl D. Lovell commended all employees for their service to the institution and their commitment to serving students, regardless of job description. “You are all educators.”
The 2022 Employee Recognition Ceremony, organized and hosted by the campus Human Resources Office awarded Years of Service certificates to the following:
- 30 Years: Linda Jones, Extended Studies Accounting Technician III; and Tammy Lopez, ASU Foundation Executive Director.
- 25 Years: Beneranda Chacon, Student Business Services Accounting Technician III; and Demetrius Vigil, Facilities Services Custodian II.
- 20 Years: Heather Heersink, Administration and Finance Chief Financial Officer; Joseph Mestas, Facilities Services Grounds and Nursery I; and Tracy Rogers, Human Resources Director.
- 15 Years: Lorraine Aragon, Facilities Services Custodian I; Lisa Brown, Facilities Services Administrative Assistant III; Laura Bruneau, Ph.D., professor of counselor education; Zena Buser, Ph.D., professor of business; Melissa Conley, STEM Administrative Assistant III; Robert Lopez, Athletics Enrollment Sports Associate Director; Michael Mumper, Ph.D., Sponsored Programs Expanding Access Project Director; Diane Mondragon, Records Assistant Registrar; Jenna Neilsen, M.F.A. Theatre Professor; Michael Rael, Computing Services IT Professional; Roselie Schlaufman, Extended Studies Administrative Assistant III; and Dervin Taylor, Athletics Softball Head Coach.
- 10 Years: Michael Austin, Facilities Services Structural Trades II; Matthew Chacon, Computing Services IT professional; Jessie Chavez, Facilities Services Grounds and Nursery I; Kathleen Chavez, English Lecturer; Uriah Cisneros, Alumni Relations Assistant Director; Clayton Davis, Facilities Services Custodian I; Susan Ennis, Correspondence Education Program CEP Student Advisor/Recruiter; Renae Haslett, Extended Studies Program Director; Cheri Meder, Ph.D., School of Counselor Education Director; Kenneth Mortensen, Facilities Services Equipment Operator I; Natalie Rogers, Business Assistant Professor; Maximilian Ruybal, Athletics Assistant Director of Academic Affairs; Trevor Turner, Student Success Center Director of Academic Advising; Alfonso Velasquez, AITC Senior Instructional Designer; and Carissa Watts, Graduate Studies Assistant Director.
- 5 Years: Marisa Aguilar, Migrant Education Program Early Learning; Shirley Atencio, Career Services Internship Coordinator; Jessica Brown, English Assistant Professor; Jeffrey Bullington, Nielsen Library Director; Aron Chavez, Facilities Services General Labor I; Fallon Crowther, Nursing Assistant Professor; Kyle Glenn, Ph.D., Business Assistant Professor; Christopher Johnson, Accounting Payroll Manager; Rena Kirkland, Ph.D., professor of psychology; Angel Knoverek, Counselor Education Clinical Faculty; Kendra Marquez, Computing Services Technical Business Analyst; Esperanza Orozco, Counselor Education Admin Specialist; Tanya Portillo, Student Business Services Accounting Technician III; Russell Shawcroft, One Stop Student Services Assistant Director of Scholarships; Ronald Singer, STEM Laboratory Support I; Katelyn Smith, Athletic Director; Madeleine Stevens, Counselor Education Clinical Faculty; Michael Stewart, Ph.D., Sociology Associate Professor; and Marco Polo Tello Velasco; Business Assistant Professor of Management.
The ceremony included special faculty recognition.
- 2022 Promotions to Associate Professor: Kim Chacon, associate professor of nursing; Ashley Clayton, Ph.D., associate professor of mathematics; David Gerke, M.F.A., associate professor of theatre; Heidi Schneider, Ph.D., professor of sociology; and Michael Stewart, Ph.D., associate professor of sociology.
- 2022 Promotions to Professor: Melissa Milner, D.N.P., professor and nursing department director; and Brian Zulegar, Ph.D., professor of kinesiology.
- Tenure: Kim Chacon, David Gerke, Heidi Schneider, and Michael Stewart.
- 2022 Exemplary Faculty: Laura Bruneau, Ph.D., professor of counselor education; Jeff Elison, Ph.D., professor of psychology; Stephanie Hilwig, Ph.D., professor of sociology; Rena Kirkland, Ph.D., professor of psychology; and Heidi Schneider; Ph.D., professor of sociology.
2022 Exemplary Directors: Curtis Garcia, Ph.D., School of Education and Leadership; Matt Nehring, Ph.D., School of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics; and Colleen Schaffner, Ph.D., School of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- 2022 Emeritus Professors: Sheryl Abeyta, emeritus assistant professor of business; Tim Armstrong, Ph.D., emeritus professor of biology; George Sellman, emeritus assistant professor of computer science; and Armando Valdez, emeritus assistant professor of business.